- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1 brick tofu, cubed
- 4 heads baby bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 cups cooked rice (a great use for leftovers!)
- salt, to taste
- lime wedges and cilantro, optional, for serving
- To a large soup pot, add the olive oil, onion, and garlic over medium heat. Stir for 3 minutes to soften the onion, then add the curry powder.
- Stir the curry powder for one minute until it is fragrant, then add the coconut milk and stock. Bring the soup to a simmer and cook the mixture for 10 minutes to reduce it slightly, stirring as you go.
- Add the bok choy and tofu cubes to the soup. Stir for 3 minutes to soften the bok choy and heat the tofu.
- Stir in the rice. Taste the soup and add salt to your preference. Bring the soup back to a simmer before serving. Garnish with lime wedges or cilantro if you'd like.
Vegan if vegetable stock is used.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes