...aaaaaand we're back.
Don't worry, I still have 9,387 things to tell you about Kauai, so we can keep living through it together even though it's cold and gray here, ok?
I'm not intentionally giving you 1,000 vegan recipes at a time, it's just happening! I'll make us some beef soon, ok? Great. Today, though, gnocchi! With curry sauce! And vegetables! As per the usual, this is a complete cinch, since the oven really does most of the work in roasting the vegetables. We use coconut milk to make a super creamy sauce, though, so you won't even miss dairy and other animal products.
Let's make it!
For this you'll need gnocchi (this might make your version vegetarian instead of vegan; check the package!), cherry tomatoes, cauliflower and/or broccoli, coconut milk, garlic, curry powder, and garam masala. Grab some cilantro if you'd like for garnish; that's optional.
Add the garlic, curry powder, and garam masala to the pan. Stir it for 2 minutes to toast the spices - holy smell! By the way, don't be afraid of garam masala. It's a spice blend that makes Indian food taste....Indian, and you can find it with regular spices for a normal price. Buy it! Try it! Love it!
Add the coconut milk to the spices and stir everything to combine. Let the sauce simmer gently and reduce just a tiny bit - if the sauce bubbles a lot turn the heat down! My house was cold so my coconut milk was solid. Don't worry if yours is too! It melts, yo.
Combine everything together, and taste the sauce - add some salt if you'd like, or even some sriracha or other spicy stuff if you want some kick.
- 1 package whole wheat gnocchi - about 1 lb for 4 servings
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- salt + olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- cilantro, if desired, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Arrange the broccoli, cauliflower, and tomatoes on a baking sheet in 1 single layer and toss in a bit of olive oil with a sprinkle of salt. Roast the veggies for 15 - 20 minutes until the edges of the broccoli just start to turn dark brown.
- Meanwhile, boil and drain the gnocchi to al dente per the package directions, then make the sauce. To a skillet over medium heat, add another drizzle of oil with the garlic and spices. Stir to combine and toast for 2 minutes until the garlic is fragrant. Add the coconut milk, and bring to a simmer.
- When the veggies are roasted, toss them and the gnocchi with the coconut milk mixture. Taste, and add salt to your taste.
- Top with cilantro if desired.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Serving Size: 4
Shared with weekend potluck. Head over to join the fun!