...aaaaaand we're back.
From Hawaii, from our honeymoon, to reality...you get the gist.
Don't worry, I still have 9,387 things to tell you about Kauai, so we can keep living through it together even though it's cold and gray here, ok?
I'm not intentionally giving you 1,000 vegan recipes at a time, it's just happening! I'll make us some beef soon, ok? Great. Today, though, gnocchi! With curry sauce! And vegetables! As per the usual, this is a complete cinch, since the oven really does most of the work in roasting the vegetables. We use coconut milk to make a super creamy sauce, though, so you won't even miss dairy and other animal products.
Let's make it!
For this you'll need gnocchi (this might make your version vegetarian instead of vegan; check the package!), cherry tomatoes, cauliflower and/or broccoli, coconut milk, garlic, curry powder, and garam masala. Grab some cilantro if you'd like for garnish; that's optional.
First, let's roast the veggies! Heat the oven to 450F and arrange the broccoli, cauliflower, and tomatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle them with salt.
Roast the veggies for 15-20 minutes until the tomatoes wilt and the edges of the broccoli just starts to brown. This may take a little longer than 20 minutes depending on your oven.
While the veggies are roasting, boil the gnocchi, drain it when it's cooked to al dente, and make the sauce.
For the sauce, preheat a pan to medium heat with another drizzle of olive oil and mince the garlic.
Add the garlic, curry powder, and garam masala to the pan. Stir it for 2 minutes to toast the spices - holy smell! By the way, don't be afraid of garam masala. It's a spice blend that makes Indian food taste....Indian, and you can find it with regular spices for a normal price. Buy it! Try it! Love it!
Add the coconut milk to the spices and stir everything to combine. Let the sauce simmer gently and reduce just a tiny bit - if the sauce bubbles a lot turn the heat down! My house was cold so my coconut milk was solid. Don't worry if yours is too! It melts, yo.
So now we have gnocchi, roasted veggies, and a curry sauce. SO FAST AND EASY. Add the gnocchi and veggies to the curry sauce.
Combine everything together, and taste the sauce - add some salt if you'd like, or even some sriracha or other spicy stuff if you want some kick.
That's it, guys! I topped this with cilantro and called it a day.
The flavor on this is GREAT, just like a regular curry sauce, but the whole wheat gnocchi is a fun unexpected way to employ curry. Also - veggies are more fun to eat when covered in a creamy sauce.
Enjoy this! It's a new favorite around here.
Curried Gnocchi with Roasted Vegetables
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 package whole wheat gnocchi - about 1 lb for 4 servings
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- salt + olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- cilantro, if desired, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Arrange the broccoli, cauliflower, and tomatoes on a baking sheet in 1 single layer and toss in a bit of olive oil with a sprinkle of salt. Roast the veggies for 15 - 20 minutes until the edges of the broccoli just start to turn dark brown.
- Meanwhile, boil and drain the gnocchi to al dente per the package directions, then make the sauce. To a skillet over medium heat, add another drizzle of oil with the garlic and spices. Stir to combine and toast for 2 minutes until the garlic is fragrant. Add the coconut milk, and bring to a simmer.
- When the veggies are roasted, toss them and the gnocchi with the coconut milk mixture. Taste, and add salt to your taste.
- Top with cilantro if desired.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Serving Size: 4
Shared with weekend potluck. Head over to join the fun!
Leave a Reply