- 1 cup quick-cooking polenta
- milk and stock, a combo, enough liquid to cook the polenta to package directions
- 1 large or 4 small orange bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 pickled hot or sweet peppers, drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup grated manchego cheese, plus extra if desired for topping
- In a pot with a lid, warm the liquids for the polenta over medium-high heat until simmering. Preheat a large skillet to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil. When the skillet is hot, add the bell peppers and saute for 2-3 minutes until seared on the edges. Add the garlic and pickled peppers, stir, and turn the heat off.
- When the milk/stock mixture simmers, add the polenta, whisking as you do so, in a steady stream. Whisk for 2-3 minutes until the polenta thickens, then add the pepper mixture and the cheese. Gently stir and taste: add salt to your preference.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Serving Size: 4