This Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole copycate recipe is the BEST. With just 8 ingredients, everything gets stirred together, baked, and the result is a ridiculously creamy, cheesy, TANGY frozen hashbrown recipe that simply can't be beat.
- 1 pound frozen hashbrowns (thawed or not, doesn't matter)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (sub cream of mushroom or celery for vegetarian)
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH salt and pepper
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine all ingredients except for a bit of the cheese in a large bowl.
- Spray a medium baking dish with cooking spray and spread the mixture into the dish. Top with any remaining cheese.
- Bake the casserole uncovered for 45-60 minutes until bubbly and lightly browned on top. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving if you can stand it.
Make Ahead: This can be made in advance and kept in the fridge for a few days, then just bake and let rest right before you'd like to eat. Also delicious reheated as leftovers!
This is very VERY good with a side of Cajun Glazed Bacon. They can bake in the oven at the same time!
Don't stress about the baking dish size. This can be in a 9x13 in a thin layer, in a large loaf pan, or anything in between that fits all of the hashbrown casserole. Just be sure it's hot and bubbly all the way through before you take it out of the oven!
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. Thank you for reading and seeing the stuff I use and love!
Keywords: hashbrown casserole, cracker barrel hashbrown casserole, brunch recipes, frozen hashbrown recipes