With Cinco de Mayo just around the corner, here are some of my favorite EASY Mexican food recipes for Cinco de Mayo! Gluten free ideas, vegetarian recipes, and tons of appetizers are all included.
Two more days!
Until taco day, which feels wildly culturally appropriating and also I could eat Mexican food three or more times per week and be completely fine with it. The flavors plus ability to go super fresh and healthy is so appealing, plus avocado+cilantro+lime on everything is the best flavor combination ever. Aaaaaand now I want Mexican for lunch. And dinner. And breakfast.
There's an entire Mexican Food category on this site that will take you far in life, and here are a few of our all-time favorite recipes for Cinco de Mayo!
Best Cinco De Mayo Recipes
- Pepita Salsa in the food processor to get us started.
- Red rice to go with everything.
- Tlapeno - the yummiest Mexican chicken soup, stir that red rice right in.
- BBQ Shrimp Tacos
- Burrito Stuffed Sweet Potatoes - gluten free!
- Sour Cream Lime Guacamole - invented by my friend Heather and SO delicious.
- Vegetarian Posole - the texture of the hominy is just the most delicious thing in the world.
- Crispy Steak Tacos with Cilantro Lime Crema
- Chicken Enchilada Sloppy Joes. Not authentic. No problem.
- Jalapeno Ranch - like at Chuy's! Make a huge batch to drizzle on EVERYTHING.
- Classic Ground Beef Tacos - or use the meat in burritos, on nachos....
- Cucumber Apple Salsa - refreshing and SO delicious.
- Thai Style Guac - see above re: cilantro and lime.
- Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
- Slow Cooker Shredded Beef
- Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos - all the slow cooker recipes, please and thank you.
- Chili Lime Salmon - SO good.
I'm feeling a little bummed nothing on this list is covered in queso tbh.
Enjoy these! I hope you find something that you love to make this week, and if you have anything to add to the list PLEASE share it in the comments below!
Leave a Reply