- 30 ounces (2 cans) garbanzo beans, lightly drained
- 1 jalapeno, roughly chopped, seeded if you don't love spicy things
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves and stems
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more as needed
- salt, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor. Taste! Add more olive oil if you'd like a thinner, smoother hummus, or more salt and cilantro for flavor.
- Serve with anything. Eat!
- Don't worry about the stems in the cilantro - they'll blend in with the rest of the ingredients!
- If you're sensitive to heat, just add half the jalapeno with no seeds first, then taste and add the rest if the hummus isn't too spicy for you.
- Prep Time: 15
- Serving Size: 8