- 2 whole ripe avocados
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (regular milk is fine if you don't care about vegan!)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, honey, or a combo, plus more if needed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional - it's strong!)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- Scoop the flesh of the avocados into a blender or food processor with the rest of the ingredients. Blend for 2-3 minutes until very smooth. If the mixture is very thick (thicker than pudding), add a splash more almond milk. Taste, and add more cocoa for richness or more honey or maple syrup if you'd like a sweeter finished product. Adjust seasoning and blend again until you're satisfied with the taste.
- Scoop the pudding into little dishes or ramekins and chill for 1 hour or more. Garnish with fruit, whipped cream, mint, or all of the above!
- The recipe calls for all maple syrup, but I added about half of the amount at first and tasted - the mixture was really bitter but tasted strongly of maple, so I switched to honey for the second half of the sweetness. You could also use agave!
- Almond extract produces a strong almond flavor, even in small quantities. If you don't like it, just skip it! It can take away from the chocolate flavor of the pudding, but I love it.
- Prep Time: 15
- Serving Size: 4