- 1 pan roasted chicken and vegetables with lemon, see recipe above
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes in juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Optional toppings: sharp cheddar, sour cream, sliced scallions, crackers, cornbread
- 1. Remove the skin, bones, and lemon slices from the roasted chicken. Shred the chicken with forks or your fingers.
- 2. Dice the roasted vegetable pieces into a small dice, about the same size as the diced onion.
- 3. Heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat with the olive oil. Add the onion, jalapeno, garlic, and chili powder. Stir for 3 minutes until the vegetables start to soften, then add the roasted vegetables, beans, tomatoes, and Worcestershire sauce with 1 cup of water.
- 4. Bring the chili to a boil and let simmer for 20 minutes. Taste, and add salt to your preference. If the chili seems thick, add more water until it is a consistency you enjoy.
- 5. Add the chicken to the pot, and simmer for 5-10 minutes more.
- 6. Serve with any toppings you like.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 30
- Serving Size: 6