- 1 cup rice
- stock - enough to cook the rice per package directions
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced, whites and greens separated
- 1 cup shredded cheese, your choice
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 8 oz canned green chilies (2 small cans)
- Heat a pot to medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Add the cumin and green pepper. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add the rice. Stir for 2 minutes to coat the rice in the oil and lightly toast, then add the scallion whites and the stock. Cover, and cook the rice until done.
- To the cooked rice, add the sour cream, cream cheese, canned chilies, and half the grated cheese. Stir, and taste. Add salt if you'd like.
- Spread the rice mixture into a baking dish and top with the rest of the cheese.
- To cook, broil the top (if the rice is still hot), or bake at 375F for 20 - 30 minutes until hot throughout and melty on top.
- Make this up to 3 days ahead and keep in the fridge - bake whenever you'd like to eat it!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Serving Size: 4