Tender noodles and chicken with veggies, cheese and gravy make a delicious, easy make-ahead chicken noodle casserole. Try it soon!
- 1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded
- 8 ounces dried spaghetti, broken
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup chicken stock, or water from cooking the pasta
- 1 teaspoon EACH seasoned salt, onion powder, garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup (or cream of anything!)
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook the pasta to VERY al dente in salted water, about 3 minutes less than the minimum time on the package. Drain and set aside, reserving some pasta water if using.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta and the rest of the ingredients with all but a handful of the grated cheese. Taste the mixture and add more of the spices to your preference. It will be slightly soupy and weird because the veggies are raw, but should still taste good!
- Transfer the mixture to a large baking dish, 9x13 or so, and top with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake at 375F for 20-30 minutes until hot and bubbly. Let rest for 5 minutes before scooping into shallow bowls. Enjoy!
To make-ahead, do everything but the final baking step. This can be frozen for several months, then baked from frozen (start in a cold oven, turn to 375F) or thawed in the oven overnight. This can also be kept in the fridge for a few days prior to baking and serving.
If you don't have seasoned salt, kosher salt works fine in this dish!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
Keywords: Chicken and noodle casserole, chicken noodle casserole, chicken spaghetti, chicken spaghetti recipe, chicken spaghetti easy, chicken spaghetti bake, chicken spaghetti casserole, chicken spaghetti pioneer woman