Oh Monday, WHY do you exist. Seriously. I have a serious case of the grumps today.
Not really, but I kind of had an epic weekend with so much fun and love and yoga and food and friends so now today is just....omgisitdinnertimeyetandcanwegoonadate? That kind of day. You know.
So, to celebrate Monday, let's play with carbs! I PROMISE I have some fun new food coming this week that doesn't involve potatoes, but I'm still kind of in awe of the crock pot baked potatoes that we discussed last week, and also I like carbs so...here are some ideas for what else one might stuff into a baked potato.
- Broccoli cheddar! Like soup. But in a potato. Love this variation.
- Regular crap as a side dish, duh - green onions, bacon bits, cheddar, sour cream, and butter are my favorites.
- Leftover Chinese Takeout - or any takeout, for that matter! I'm thinking extra sesame chicken with sauce and chopped green onions inside a potato....OMGALLTHECARBS.
- Salad - chop up a cold leftover baked potato, drizzle with oil and vinegar, and add any raw veggies you like. Or cheese, whatever. Healthy as you want it to be, and a great way to get your veggies!
- Pizza! Add a handful of mozzarella and any toppings you like to a leftover baked potato - onions, cooked sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, peppers...anything! Broil until the potato is hot and the cheese is bubbly, then drizzle with some marinara. YUM.
What else? Meatballs? Grilled chicken with cheese and bacon and ranch? Let's get through Monday with carbs together.
For reference, this post on burger baked potatoes has 3 cooking options for regular baked potatoes, and this is how I make 'em in a crock pot.
Happy Monday! I feel a lot better now that we've had this talk.
Leave a Reply