Super yummy cabbage roll flavors in a cabbage and beef soup for no rolling muss or fuss. This soup comes together in 30 minutes and is perfect for meal prep!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups (about 1/4 large head) shredded cabbage
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes (fire roasted is a nice choice!)
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat a soup pot to medium heat with a drizzle of oil. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking it up as you go with a spoon until the meat is browned, crumbly, and cooked through.
- Add the onion and garlic and stir for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the cabbage and stir for 5 minutes to soften the veggies.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, vinegar, sugar, and salt. Reduce the heat slightly and allow the soup to come to a simmer.
- Simmer the cabbage roll soup uncovered for 15 minutes until the cabbage is soft. Stir a time or two during this time.
- Taste the soup for seasoning; add more salt to your preference. EAT.
This keeps really well in the fridge for at least a week and as long as you need in the freezer.
Beef stock is a great choice here, but chicken or veggie stock are fine too if that's what you have on hand.
This is a great soup to try out wild game such as ground venison or ground elk. Check out the info in the post for more notes on flavor!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Soup
Keywords: Cabbage beef soup, beef and cabbage soup, cabbage and beef soup, cabbage soup with ground beef, ground venison, ground venison recipes, cabbage roll soup, cabbage roll soup recipe