Delicious, savory chicken with tons of spices served in lettuce wraps for extra crunch. Lighten up your bar food in 2019!
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon EACH onion powder, garlic powder, dried dill, dried parsley, and salt
- 3/4 cup cayenne pepper hot sauce such as Frank's
- 1/2 cup butter ((1 stick))
- 1/4 cup torn cilantro leaves
- 2 scallions (thinly sliced)
- butter or romaine lettuce leaves for serving
- gorgonzola or blue cheese crumbles for serving
- Preheat a large skillet to medium-high heat with the olive oil. Add the ground chicken and cook, stirring as you go, for about 7 minutes. Break up the chicken into little bits during this time.
- Add all of the spices to the chicken and stir for two minutes more to coat the chicken in the spices.
- Add the butter and hot sauce to the chicken mixture. Turn the heat off and stir gently to melt the butter and create a sauce. The butter mixture should coat the chicken but not be too soupy.
- Taste the chicken mixture and add more salt if it seems bland or more hot sauce if you like extra spice.
- Serve the chicken with lettuce cups and the cilantro, scallions, and cheese crumbles for building lettuce wraps. Enjoy!
- Category: Appetizer, Main Dish