- 1/2 pound bulk ground breakfast sausage
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices sturdy sandwich bread
- 4 deli slices cheese (or more if you need to fit the bread)
- Use your hands to form the sausage into thin patties slightly larger than the bread you're using. Place the patties in a cold large skillet and turn the heat to medium. Let the patties gently heat through and cook for 7 minutes on the first side, then flip and cook for 5 minutes more until cooked through. Remove the sausage from the pan and save any drippings in the skillet.
- While the sausage is cooking, fry the eggs (or just use the egg whites) in a smaller skillet until done to your liking with just a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Use a spatula to push the edges of the eggs into a shape similar to the sausage patties and bread. Reserve the cooked eggs.
- To build the sandwiches, add the butter to the pan you used for the sausage. Turn the burner to medium. Place the 4 slices of bread in the skillet and top each with a piece of cheese. Layer 2 of the bread pieces with sausage and egg. When the cheese on the remaining 2 pieces of bread starts to melt, flip them onto the egg stacks to form sandwiches. Flip the sandwiches once or twice to ensure that the bread is toasted on both sides and the cheese is melted.
- Cut the sandwiches in half and serve!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Serving Size: 2