- 4 strips bacon
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved or quartered to bite-sized
- 1/2 - 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- In a large cold skillet, add the bacon in one layer and turn the heat to medium-high. Cook the bacon for 5-10 minutes, flipping, until crispy and cooked through. Remove the bacon to paper towels to drain, saving the bacon grease in the skillet.
- To the bacon grease, add the sprouts in one single layer. Let sizzle for one minute to brown, then flip the sprouts and arrange back into one single layer in the skillet. Pour the chicken stock over the skillet, enough to come up halfway on the sprouts.
- Let the stock reduce completely out of the pan. The sprouts should be bright green and tender but not mushy; add a bit more stock and repeat the braising process if needed to finish cooking the Brussels.
- When the sprouts are cooked, crumble the bacon over the entire skillet and drizzle with the balsamic drizzle. Serve straight from the skillet. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4