- 1 head bok choy, washed
- 2 slices fried tofu, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dashi, fish sauce, or anchovy paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- hot cooked white rice, for serving, optional
- Preheat a skillet with a lid or a pot to medium heat with a drizzle of oil. Thinly slice the bok choy leaves, separating the whites and greens.
- Add the whites of the bok choy to the pot with the dashi, soy sauce, and mirin. Stir, and cover. Let cook for 5 minutes until slightly cooked.
- Add the greens and the tofu to the pot. Cover, and cook for 5 minutes more until the liquid has been partially absorbed and the greens are soft.
- Taste, an add more soy sauce if you'd like. Serve with white rice.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Serving Size: 4