- 4 medium bananas, very ripe
- 5 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups nut butter (I used almond butter here)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 325F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- With a fork, mash the bananas until smooth until the bottom of a large bowl. add the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT for the blueberries and stir until combined - use your muscles! When the batter is mixed, fold the blueberries in very gently.
- Use a 1/3 cup scoop (I use a measuring cup sprayed with cooking spray) to form large cookies on the baking sheet, leaving about an inch between each one.
- Bake the cookies in batches for 18 minutes. Let the cookies rest for 10 minutes on the baking sheet, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat until all the batter is baked. Makes about 24 cookies.
I find that the 1/3 cup measure is perfect for a hearty cookie, enough to fill you up for breakfast. You can certainly make them smaller, just reduce the cooking time by a few minutes and bake these until just set so they aren't dry.
These freeze well, just thaw them on the counter for a few hours or in the fridge overnight.
I suppose you could leave the chocolate chips out for health purposes, but why?
Adapted and doubled from Sally's Baking Addiction: https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/good-morning-sunshine-breakfast-cookies/
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes