- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 28 ounces canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- Add the olive oil and onion to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook while stirring for about 5 minutes until the onion softens but doesn’t brown.
- Add the garlic and salt and stir for 1 minute until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the sugar, tomatoes, and water. Stir every few minutes while the sauce comes to a simmer.
- Simmer the sauce for 15-20 minutes until reduced and thickened. Taste as you go and add more sugar and salt to your preference.
- Use as you’d like. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes