- 1 cup brown rice, plus enough chicken stock to cook it per package directions
- 1 cup barley
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt, if needed
- Preheat a pot to medium-high heat with half the butter. Add the brown rice, and stir to coat with the butter and toast for 2 minutes or so. Add the chicken stock, cover, and cook to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook the barley in water according to the package directions, and mince the garlic clove.
- When both grains are cooked, combine together with the remaining butter and garlic. Stir, and taste - add some salt if you'd like!
- Serve with your favorite protein and veg for a great balanced meal.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 45
- Serving Size: 6