Easy, healthy homemade baked chicken tenders served any way you like! These are perfect for meal prep or make-ahead.
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup bread crumbs (seasoned or not, don't stress)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- cooking spray
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the bread crumbs, parmesan, and spices in a shallow dish. Beat the eggs into a separate dish. This is our breading setup.
- Lightly dip each chicken tender in the egg then the breadcrumb mixture, pressing on as much of the coating as you can. Place the breaded chicken tenders in one layer about 1 inch apart on the baking sheet.
- While the chicken tenders rest (about 10 minutes), preheat the oven to 425F.
- When the oven is hot, spray the tenders all over with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake the chicken tenders for 10 minutes on each side, flipping and spraying + salting the second side after 10 minutes. The tenders will be lightly golden, crispy, and cooked through. Enjoy!
If you'd like to make these in advance, keep them in the fridge until you're ready to bake, and allow 1-2 minutes extra on each side.
To freeze, freeze on the baking sheet, then store the breaded raw chicken tenders in a bag or freezer container. Bake as directed for 4-ish extra minutes on each side until cooked through and golden brown.
A good coating of cooking spray is key to crispy baked chicken tenders!
Easy honey mustard: whatever mustard you like, enough honey (1 tablespoon at a time) to make it taste great to you. I love this method with grainy brown mustard!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 20
Keywords: baked chicken tenderloins, baked chicken tenders recipe chicken tenders, how to make baked chicken tenders, easy baked chicken tenders, chicken tenders in oven, chicken tenders baked, baked chicken tenders