I told you yesterday that our lab, Jake, has some issues with his face leaking, yes? Yes.
That picture is super cute and funny, but it's also NOT EVEN THE WORST that the drool gets. It's totally grody, and I LOVE that our other dog is a mix and hardly drools.
I know that the drool totally isn't his fault, blah blah biology, blah blah. BUT SERIOUSLY. It's all up in our shiz all the time, and he thinks it's just adorable to stand in front of us while we're dealing with food (or eating dinner on the couch, bad habits, I know) completely still, not panting, just staring us down while we try to eat, sometimes getting close enough to drool on our knees.
In addition to that, our two effing adorable dogs get into incredible amounts of mischief when they're together. To be fair, it keeps us tidier than we would otherwise be, but lest we slip up even a little bit, Callie and Jake tend to go bonkers when we aren't home and help themselves to anything accessible.
Below, please find a list (incomplete) of the things we deal with on a daily basis:
- Reorganizing. Every single day, the second we're gone, Jake moves both food bowls to other parts of the house. Then when it's time to eat we have to go fetch them. This organization only works in one direction. Sometimes he moves the water bowls OFF THEIR STAND and we come home to a flood. That is not desirable.
- Couch. Duh. Easy. Old man dog with arthritic hips likes the couch. The problem is that the face leaking happens ON the couch, so he basically just lays there drooling, then we come home to MASSIVE puddles on the couch. So grody. Additionally, HE HAS HIS OWN COUCH, but heaven forbid he only lay on that. Nope. Human couch, please.
- Rugs. We have rugs in our house. By doors, you know. Nearly daily they get moved. For what? I don't know.
- Trash, and other paper items are hot commodities. If we get a box in the mail it has to go outside IMMEDIATELY, otherwise the next time we go away it'll get shredded to bits and then we have to clean THOSE up. Same goes for empty dog food bags (one was left out for TEN MINUTES earlier this week before being shredded to bits), mail, napkins, or trash from the bathrooms that are at dog-level.
- Poop! Our girl, Callie, rolls in poop. Only fresh, and only on her head and neck. Someone please tell me how to stop this.
- Light reading. In addition to the trash shredding issue, the dogs will occasionally grab a book or magazine from the coffee table to peruse, and if they don't like it they shred it to bits. They don't actually eat the books, just leave bits of wet pages all over the house for us to collect.
I would like to note that 1. our dogs get outside a lot, 2. don't seem to have anxiety issues, and 3. have access to TONS of dog toys that they never touch. I mean, really.
What do your dogs do that's dumb? Help us feel normal.