Garlicky, lemony, creamy eggplant dip is vegan and so simple to make. Pair with fluffy pita and get to dipping!
- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, plus more for sprinkling
- salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425F and place the eggplant on a baking sheet. Roast whole for 30 minutes or until tender and wilted. Let the eggplant cool to the touch, then peel them and discard the peel and stems.
- To a food processor, add the eggplant flesh with all the other ingredients, starting with 1 teaspoon of salt and the juice of half the lemon. Pulse to combine, then taste the dip. Add more salt or lemon juice to your preference.
- Serve the dip warm or chilled sprinkled with extra paprika and drizzled with olive oil. Enjoy!
Fluffy pita for serving: mandatory.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30