- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 8 tablespoons ice water (give or take)
- Cut the butter into cubes and place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes. While the butter is chilling, pulse the flour, sugar, and salt in the food processor to combine.
- Add the cold butter cubes and pulse about 10 times to break up the butter just a bit. Stream in the water and blend into the flour mixture until a dough just barely starts to come together - it will still be crumbly.
- Dump the dough onto a cutting board sprinkled with a bit of flour. Split the dough into 2 mounds and form each into a flat disk about 1-inch thick. Wrap the disks in plastic wrap or a plastic bag. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until ready to use.
- Make any pie you like! Enjoy.
- Prep Time: 10
- Serving Size: 8