Five ingredient creamy, cheesy baked broccoli with tons of flavor and very little effort. I love this with rice for an easy dinner or as a Thanksgiving side dish!
- 2 medium heads broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces (or 1 pound broccoli florets)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon mustard (deli, dijon, brown, etc)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or just...whatever cheese you like)
- Preheat the oven to 425F and prepare a small baking dish, 8x8 or equivalent, with cooking spray.
- Scatter handfuls of the broccoli and grated cheese into the baking dish, ending with the cheese.
- Mix together the cream, salt, and mustard in a small dish. Pour evenly over the broccoli and cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the broccoli is tender and the edges are just beginning to brown. Enjoy!
Make this your own with any grated melting cheese you like, whatever mustard you have, a mix of cheeses, half cauliflower, you name it!
I wouldn't do this with frozen broccoli because I think it would get too watery when cooking. If you try it, though, let me know!
Your broccoli heads might be slightly different in size than mine, so pick a baking dish that allows all the broccoli to fit, slightly heaped in the center of the baking dish. It'll cook down a good bit!
If you're making this as a Thanksgiving side dish, you could make the entire dish in advance and keep it in the fridge for a few days, then reheat it uncovered. The cheese won't have the same ooey gooey meltiness, though.
To prep this dish, I'd measure/mix the cream ingredients, grate the cheese, and chop/guy the broccoli, then store the components separately. Assemble and bake right before you'd like to eat!
Keywords: cheesy broccoli, broccoli cheese casserole, broccoli gratin, broccoli au gratin, baked broccoli, baked broccoli recipe, baked broccoli recipes, recipe for baked broccoli, cheesy baked broccoli