Since we've been all about sleep lately, I thought I'd throw up our favorite bedtime books for babies and toddlers. These are the ones that we've read almost nightly with both kids, and are mostly about bedtime or are on the quieter side.
These aren't the kind of popular children's books about sleep, necessarily, but lots of them have some kind of "parent is here, go to bed," cozy kinds of themes.
There are gazillions of books like these to choose from, and I'd love to know if you have any favorites to add to this list! It seems to work really well for my kids to read about sleep, family, and feelings before going to sleep - like it helps them process their day a bit before they go to sleep.
Our Favorite Bedtime Books
- Close Your Eyes
- I Wish You More
- In My Heart (love this for learning to articulate feelings)
- It's Time To Sleep, My Love
- Here We Are
- Hop On Pop (the familiar rhyming is suuuuper calming in this house)
- Llama Llama Red Pajama (a cute gift with the stuffed animal!)
- Olivia Saves The Circus (the ending is bedtime!)
- Ten Nine Eight (my personal favorite of this list)
- The Snowy Nap
I linked these to Amazon because I know lots of you use it, but don't forget that lots of libraries have reopened with curbside service OR have boatloads of books available to read for free on apps! Same goes with local booksellers - buying some new books is a great way to support local!