These pumpkin brown butter blondies are full of nutty brown butter and extra fiber from the pumpkin. They come together with no mixer in under an hour and are highly addictive and perfect for this time of year!
- 1 cup salted butter, browned and cooled slightly (see instructions)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin puree (plain pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling)
- 4 teaspoons vanilla (yes, that much)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- To brown the butter, I melt it in a skillet over medium heat, stirring as I go. When the butter melts it will foam. Wait for the foam to diminish, then look for brown bits of butter on the bottom of the skillet. As soon as you see the brown bits, turn the heat off, stir for one minute more, then transfer the brown butter to a large bowl for the blondies. Let the butter cool for about 5 minutes, then proceed with the recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare a square baking dish (8x8 or 9x9) with parchment paper or cooking spray.
- Whisk the flour and salt together in a small bowl.
- To the large bowl with the slightly cooled brown butter, add the pumpkin puree, vanilla, brown sugar, and pie spice. Stir well to combine.
- Fold in the flour mixture until barely combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and spread to fill the pan. Bake the brown butter pumpkin blondies for 40-50 minutes until the edges are lightly brown and the center is just set. The top of the blondies will still look slightly underdone.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely in the pan before removing and slicing/serving. YUM.
Keywords: brown butter, fall, desserts, blondies, baking, brown butter pumpkin blondies, brown butter blondies, pumpkin blondies recipe