Perfect grilled chicken with tons of flavor from ranch-inspired spices without the actual ranch baked with hot sauce and butter for the perfect buffalo dip.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce such as Texas Pete
- 8 ounces grated mozzarella cheese (or any melting cheese you like)
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- veggies, pita wedges, crackers, or bread for dunking and serving
- Preheat the oven to 350F and a 10-inch ovenproof skillet to medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Sprinkle the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Sear the chicken on each side for about 7 minutes until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet to cool and leave the heat on.
- Add the hot sauce, butter, remaining onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, and sill to the skillet. Turn the heat OFF, and stir to combine and scrape up any bits from the skillet. Set the buffalo sauce aside.
- When the chicken is cool, shred into small bits with forks or your fingers. Add the chicken back to the buffalo sauce in the skillet with the mozzarella. Top with the blue cheese crumbles.
- Bake the dip for 20-30 minutes until hot and bubbly. Serve with anything you'd like, and eat immediately.
This can be made in advance, just stop right before the last baking step and store the dip in the fridge for up to three days. Bake right before serving until hot and bubbly.