....because that's what my whole life is about.
Don't get me wrong, Jay and I never hate getting nice things for ourselves, but I never can gather enough ~caring~ to do adult gift guides besides house/kitchen stuff. Our interests kind of drive our gift desires, anyway, so if I were to make an adult gift guide it would pretty much be the entire list from the Kitchen Gift Guide plus a few golf things for Jay and free babysitting.
Someone come babysit twice a week for free, please.
BUT FOR KIDS. I'm all about that gear. All about anything to simplify life, all about stuff the kids love, all about a few extra fancy things to make the newness of them feel a little nicer for us. Here are our favorite things!
- Bebe au Lait blanket. The blanket that Will is wrapped up in right there! I bought this when I was pregnant even though we did NOT need any more blankets or swaddles, and we have loved it so much. It's heavy and cozy but not scratchy or overly fuzzy, and is big enough for baby and an adult to snuggle under in the night or when we nurse. It's not super cheap or super expensive, and is definitely on my "now we do this for everyone" gift list. Can't say enough good things about it!
- Pottery Barn kid table + chairs. I got these this year and Beck uses them almost daily for coloring/stickers/trains. We've had it in different places in our house and use it for snacks occasionally, but now it's in our office. I love that she has her own little place to hang, and sometimes I can talk her into "working" while I fire off a few emails or do some other quick task. It's a great size that she'll be able to use for several years, and I got ours at the outlet on a weekend when kid stuff was an extra 30% off. I love PB but hardly ever buy anything in the actual store - outlets always!
- Monica & Andy clothes. A splurge, super well made, small shop-ish, and overall very cute and fun to own. I have a fewwwww of these and love what we have so much.
- Lily Jade diaper bag. I do not have one of these, but would very much like one. They're wildly expensive (to me), but all accounts say that they're totally worth it because of the quality of the bag and the organization factor. The sell for me is the internal organizer as well as the backpack feature - now that I have Will I need more hands than when it was just Beck! Dear Santa, please bring me one. For free. Thank you.
- Dockatot. The new baby pillow that will save your life! This is a new-to-us product since having Beck, and Will sleeps in it every night. It's a flat ... thing ... with pillowed edges kind of like bumpers, and he sleeps super well in it, as 3-week olds do. It seems cozy, the edges kind of encase him, and it's light enough that we can truck it all over the house and to other places for him to hang out. It's expensive, so I like it for a gift with a sale or coupon.
- Magformers. Or any other kind of magnetic blocks! I got a set of these on an Amazon daily deal awhile ago, and busted them out a few months ago on a rainy day while I was pregnant and Beck was in a particularly bad mood. She adores them and plays with them almost every day!
- Fake food. Kids love pretend play, and Melissa and Doug have several foodie sets that are really well made and everyone loves. Beck has this one with a knife where she can pretend to cut things, and she serves us up platters of fruits and veggies all the time. When we visited a family member in the hospital recently Beck insisted on packing them and taking them with us because "vegetables will make her feel better." I died of the cuteness.
- Christmas Jammies. OBVIOUSLY. My favorites are from Burt's Bees and Hanna Andersson and yes you bet your ass I want to get eleven matching pair for Will and Beck.
- Baby Uggs. Ridiculous, sure! I want some for Beck.
- Jellycat Books. Books are always high on our list of "what does Beck want" answers, and the Jellycat books come with a super soft stuffed animal! We got one as a gift for Will that has a small rattle version, and it's so cute - Beck has adopted it until he's old enough to enjoy it.
So tell me, what else? I'm looking for a few things for Beck for Christmas and always hunting out fun new things for gifts for other kids we know. What do you love?