- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan, divided, plus more for topping if desired
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for cooking the shrimp
- 4 cups baby kale leaves
- 1/2 pound peeled, deveined shrimp
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 avocado, sliced
- salt, as needed
- Combine the red wine vinegar and sugar in a small dish. Stir, and microwave for 30 seconds. Add the shallot to the warm vinegar mixture. Stir to combine and set aside while you make the rest of the salad.
- In a large salad bowl, whisk together the garlic, anchovy paste, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and 3 tablespoons of the parmesan. Keep whisking and slowly pour in the olive oil to make a dressing. Taste, and add more parmesan or a pinch of salt if you'd like.
- Preheat a large skillet to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. In a bowl, combine the shrimp with the smoked and hot paprikas, garlic powder, and the rest of the parmesan. When the oil in the skillet is very hot, add the shrimp in one layer. Cook for 2 minutes until the parmesan becomes crispy, then flip the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes more until the parmesan is crispy on both sides and the shrimp is cooked through.
- Add the kale to the dressing you already prepared. Toss with tongs, then top the salad with the pickled shallots (drain them first), avocado slices, shrimp, and extra parm, if you'd like. Sprinkle the avocado with a tiny bit of salt, and eat!
- Serving Size: 2