Like, really. I love seeing how other bloggers address their recipes, stories, photos - it all ends up being similar in a way because we ARE sharing food stories, but the way other people write about their lives interwoven with the pictures they take of the food can be really inspiring. As for me, I just kind of ... have at it. I have a general formula I use for recipes, but I don't really plan what stories will go with them, if any at all - I usually look at the pictures, think about the recipes, and start typing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it bores even me. Working on it.
But, here are 5 of my most favorite food blogs. Blogs I read every day, blogs I adore for different reasons. Blogs you might have heard of! And if you haven't...get to it.
- How Sweet Eats. One of the best story tellers in the genre, I think.
- The Pioneer Woman. Not strictly a food blog anymore, but I just love it. This is a great example of life intertwined with the blog - the woman lives on a ranch, for crying out loud.
- Bev Cooks. Great, easy recipes - Bev's cooking style is really similar to mine, and involves a lot of "ok, we have to eat, and I have less than an hour to accomplish this." Real life cooking kind of stuff.
- My Name is Yeh. This is DRAMA, people. I'm obsessed with every single one of the pictures on this website, and the recipes are uber creative.
- White on Rice Couple. This is a couple that photographs food and blogs for a living. Can you even imagine? I adore their style, and the writing about their work and what they learn along the way is so inspiring.
....but you know I always need more. What are some other great food blogs I should be reading? Maybe a humor food blog? Does that even exist?