One year ago! We were preparing for our rehearsal dinner!
I mean, technically I guess it's one year and one day, but the last time there was a Friday on this weekend we were all weddinged out, and lots was happening. So, a tribute.
This time last year, we were...
- At a venue with zero cell reception. Trying to keep 75 people organized. Luckily, it worked out kind of fine. And, certain wedding guests that REALLY wanted to find us when we were busy with other things couldn't. So.
- A little nervous but mostly excited.
- Checking the weather forecast for the following day obsessively, because knowledge is power? Even though forecasts are basically a guess. It poured all day the day of our wedding RIGHT up until we needed to go outside for pictures. The bottom of my dress was dirty, everything else was perfect.
- Grateful for a venue with a wedding coordinator. I do a lot of events, and one of the MOST valuable things was using a venue that handled lots of details rather than using an event venue that required us to bring in all of our own vendors. I know you might get a more personalized experience that way, but for us the package thing was priceless.
- Done with details. Done! I was hell bent that by the week of the wedding we'd be done with programs and favors and other things that are fun but REALLY don't matter about weddings. And we were! So, on this day last year I was mostly just having a good time.
Happy weekend! Jay has some words about our first year of marriage coming up next. Wait for it.