I have some fun things to do with grilled cheese and also I have a favor.
I really like you to know what you're getting into when you start reading this here website.
First, how's your day going? We're planning our local wedding reception for Saturday, and we're totally psyched. It's gonna be fun! What should we cook? Is a salad bar too cumbersome? Tell me your thoughts about receptions at houses and what you like to eat.
Thanks a lot.
Because sandwiches are so fun, but because grilled cheese is the best sandwich (THERE, I said it), what about some options for how we could jazz up that classic? For any of the below, butter the outside edges of the bread, and put the fillings in between two layers of cheese. Grill, and EAT.
Here's what I'm thinking:
- Makeshift patty melt: Make a really thin hamburger. Cook it fully. Add it to the center of a grilled cheese. YEP.
- Add tomato/basil with a mozzarella-based grilled cheese - caprese!
- Peanut butter + Cheddar: you know folks who eat this? I totally do. It's actually good! Do butter, bread, cheese, PB, cheese, bread, butter. In that order. Grill.
- Grilled veggies with feta and a melty cheese. Zucchini and eggplant are my favs. Maybe add fresh rosemary? YES.
- Garlic bread - with any cheese, add 1 clove minced garlic, any fresh chopped herbs you like, and OOOHHH salt the outside of the bread before grilling.
- Shredded chicken plus hot sauce - buffalo!
Ok I'm starving. What else could we do with grilled cheese?