Now, I love veggies in all incarnations, but some people don't. My friend Weston, for example won't eat anything with onions in it. Ever. At all. The man makes a living picking up roadkill (not really) and testing dead fish for cause of death and algebra skills (totally true), but onions gross him out. Flavorful, lovely onions.
This isn't a post to bash my friends. This is a post to teach you how to hide veggies from your loved ones so 1. they get some dang vitamins with their cheese and 2. so you can have the veggies you want in your food.
I made this for Maddie, my beautiful amazing talented friend from college, when she came to visit a few weeks ago. Maddie doesn't usually eat a ton of vegetables but loves trying new things, so this was perfect for her!
This is not a hard dish. Basically, you cook some pasta, add it to some chopped raw veggies and shredded meat, mix in some cheese and cream of whateveryou'vegotonhand, and bake it until it looks good to you.
Seriously. The end.
But, not to worry, I'll take my sweet dang time telling you how I make it.
I make enough for 4 large portions or 6 small (normal) portions. Here's what you need:
- 5 servings dried pasta (whatever the box says, estimate and move on with your life. I don't know what kind of pasta you're using or what size box)
- 2 small or one large chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk or half and half
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/2 small onion
- seasoning salt
- cayenne pepper
- bread crumbs
- shredded cheese (go with something sharp, it adds more flavor without having to use so much. be healthy. kidding.)